- 4 slices of crusty bread (ideally "pain de campagne")
- 4 fresh figs
- 1 apple
- 8 slices of Cantal
- 20g of chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees.
- Wash the apple, core, and cut into thin slices (skin on).
- Cut the figs in half.
- Arrange the apple slices on the bread and then the figs halves. Sprinkle over the chopped hazelnuts and top with the slices if Cantal.
- Bake in the over for 5 minutes, or until the Cantal has melted and the bread has toasted.
Source: www.aop-cantal.com Other Cantal recipes available (in French).