We got our Christmas tree today so I am getting into the Christmas spirit now :-)
Makes 15 -20 small cakes
-45g runny honey
-90g golden syrup
-90g brown sugar
-200g self raising flour
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp ground allspice
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
-65g butter, softened
-1 large egg, beaten
To serve: 75g sugar, 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and grease some cake tins (muffin tins for example or here I used heart shaped ones).
2. Dissolve the brown sugar, golden syrup, treacle and honey in the milk in a saucepan over a medium heat. Leave to cool slightly.
3. Mix the flour, baking powder and spices together in a large bowl. Beat with the softened butter.
4. Add the sugar/ milk mixture in batches, mixing well after each addition. Add the beaten egg and combine.
5. Spoon the mixture into the moulds and bake for 20 -25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean.
6. Meanwhile mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Place a few of the cakes into this sugar mixture as soon as they are removed from the oven. Spoon over the sugar then place on a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the rest of the cakes.