These are very gooey chocolate puddings with a hint of spice. Not to be eaten everyday but YUM
-70g butter, plus extra for greasing
-12g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
-100g good quality dark chocolate (70%), chopped
-1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
-100g caster sugar
-1/2 tsp ground cardamom
-1/2 tsp ground chilli flakes
1. Grease two metal pudding moulds (175ml) with butter and dust with flour, shaking off any excess.
2. Gently melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water ensuring the bowl doesn't touch the water. Stir until smooth and allow to cool slightly.
3. Using an electric whisk, beat the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until the mixture becomes pale and thick (around 5 minutes on a high setting).
4. Fold the cooled chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar, then sift in the flour and fold in along with the cardamom and chilli.
5. Divide the mixture into the prepared moulds and chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 180C.
6. Place the puddings on a baking tray and bake for around 15 minutes- or until the outside of the puddings are cooked but the inside still feels squidgy.
7. Leave to cool for 2 minutes before carefully turning out onto a plate. Serve with ice cream.