Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Recipe: B's Flour-less Chocolate Cake/ Moelleux au Chocolat






Tonight I was treated to an early birthday meal, gnocchi with tomato sauce then chocolate cake for dessert. Yum. However this was not just any chocolate cake. This is my boyfriend's ('B') legendary flour-less chocolate cake. I remember him talking about this cake very early on in the relationship, when we first met. 'I make a great flour-less chocolate cake'. Yum, I thought- I will look forward to trying it! However, the cake has proved so special that nearly 3 years down the line I had yet to have the pleasure of trying it, until tonight. And I am happy to say it was worth the wait. The cake is light, moist and gooey with a crisp outer layer. To top it off, we decorated our slices with our first two strawberries from our garden!


B's Flour-less chocolate cake


Ingredients


-300g dark chocolate (70% at least), broken into pieces
-6 eggs, separated
-225g unsalted butter
-225g icing sugar


1. Grease a 23cm springform tin, preheat the oven 180C.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bain marie and leave to cool slightly. Meanwhile whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks.
3. Stir the egg yolks and sugar into the melted chocolate, then gently fold this into the egg whites. 
4. Bake for 45 mins - 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.







No comments:

Post a Comment